Attached is the CAPITA documentation for producing and preparing the return, and also the Dfe guidance. Please note that some of the documentation is still showing as 2019. Due to the covid pressures on both the DfE and MIS providers, some of the documentation is running behind this year. We will update this thread with the latest documentation as soon as it is released, in the meantime the 2019 guides can still be used as a reference.
Key Dates for the School Workforce Census
- Census date: 05/11/2020
- deadline for submitting your data: 4 December 2020
- Absence collected from 01/09/2019 to 31/08/2012
- Continuous contracts collected from 01/09/2019 to 07/11/2020.
Changes to staff categories are generally more important than they may appear, as they are very important when the application has to decide what data, if any, to supply to the DfE for a particular member of the school's workforce. In the case the change is report non-teacher members of a schools leadership team as having an SWC Post of LNT (Leadership Non-Teacher) rather than as part of SWC Post OSP (Other Support Staff).
The diagram below gives a top level view of the change and shows that, although it has less impact on the overall strategy for collection workforce data than some other changes might have, it does have some important impacts.
Example of the possible use of LNT for a Service Term
Posts panel of Tools | Staff | Pay Related
Example of the possible use of LNT (Leadership - Non Teacher) for a staff contract
In this example 'Leadership - Not Teacher' has been allocated to the contract by the selection of 'NJC, APT & C Staff' as the Service Term and the selection of 'School Manager' as the Post Reference for that Service Term.
Contract record for Employment Details tag of Focus | Person | Staff
Differences in data required for Leadership Non-Teacher compared to Other Contractracted Support Staff
- required for Leadership Non-Teacher but is no longer to be to included for Other Contracted Support Staff
- Additional Payment Amount required for Leadership Non-Teacher but is no longer to be to included for Other Contracted Support Staff
- Qualification code required for Leadership Non-Teacher but no longer has to be included for Other Contracted Support Staff
- Qualification subject code required for Leadership Non-Teacher but no longer has to be included for Other Contracted Support Staff
'Leadership Non-Teachers' has been added to the report criteria for all the detail reports.
The Workforce Membership Staff Basic detail report, shown below, illustrates the revisions made to the repot criteria of all the detail reports.