There has been a significant issue with CAPITA's CTF Import routine that could result in pre-admission pupils being linked to an incorrect contact record and the contact could then end up with an incorrect address or a pupil could become linked to an incorrect contact.
Please see a full description from CAPITA of the problem below, along with the solution that Keystone intend to take.
Please see the below link from CAPITA outlining the situation:
The steps outlined are as follows:
- Step 1 - Patch SIMS - Keystone will be patching all schools via SOLUS3 - this is a workstation fix which will need to be deployed to each workstation in the school.
- Step 2 - Run the diagnostics - run DBDiagnostics as described in the attached document, and save the output to be loaded into Excel. Please download the attached documents that take you through how to run DBDiagnostics, how to export the results of Check 99 and how to then copy these into Excel to begin correcting any data.
- Step 3 - Complete Remedial Action - see the attached documents to understand what action may need to be taken on your data.
- Step 4 - run the clean-up patch - once you are happy you have corrected your data please log a call with Keystone by email to have this patch authorised - email@example.com
- Step 5 - Turn back on any additional SIMS Modules that use contact data:
Several SIMS modules access and use contact information from SIMS. We therefore have taken the proactive precautionary step for impacted SIMS modules as previously published (see also a summary below).
SIMS Product Functionality Suspended Functionality Still Available SIMS Parent Calendar, Access to Child's Dashboard, Message Generation, Homework School Detail, School Term Dates SIMS Parent Lite Access to Child's Data Collection School Detail, School Term Dates SIMS Activities All Areas No Functionality, i.e. switched off SIMS Student All Areas No Functionality, i.e. switched off SIMS Options All Areas No Functionality, i.e. switched off SIMS Agora All Areas No Functionality, i.e. switched off
From Monday 20th August schools will be able to directly reactivate SIMS Online Services and Agora from their respective administration sites and therefore easily reinstate product functionality. Schools will be asked first whether they have completed the data clean-up and will need to acknowledge they are happy to reactivate the service.
Schools should only use InTouch (SIMS text an email module) for generic communications to parents and contacts. Any communication which contains specific pupil information should not be sent until the schools are confident they have validated their student contact data.
New splash screen notifications with acceptance buttons has been included in the SIMS7 workstation patch to ensure all schools are aware of the incident and have taken the necessary action to address potentially incorrect data.
The splash screen references this document for background information and guidance on how to undertake the necessary remedial action.Questions / Support
- If you have any questions about any of the above please log a call by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01482 238700